"I have had low back pain with radiation
down the left leg due to three
herniated discs and a ruptured
disc above the herniated discs.
After having an MRI and a surgical
consult, it was determined that
there are no surgical procedures
that could be performed. I was left
with using medication with minimal
results. My sister heard about
spinal decompression and passed
on information downloaded from
the CT Spine and Disc Center
from their website. After reading
all about spinal decompression
there was no doubt in my mind that this was the treatment I was looking
for. After making an appointment
and talking with Dr. Bellinger,
I was even more convinced this
treatment was for me. Everyone in the office is very personable
and the treatments were painless.
After 15 treatments, I am more pain
free and no longer have to rely on
medication for relief. I’m now able
to walk longer distances and climb
stairs again, I am just so happy,
I’m smiling again and I would not
hesitate to recommend this treatment to anyone! Thank you so much for giving
me a new lease on life!”
- Judy.B Coventry, CT
"I was having left leg pain (sciatica)
due to prolonged sitting for the past
year. Physical therapy only gave me a
little relief. In addition to left leg
pain, my left foot began having a
burning sensation. My Doctor ordered
an MRI. The MRI showed that my L4 and
L5 discs were bulging onto the nerves
of my left leg and foot. Back surgery
was out of the question. I began spinal
decompression treatment at CT Spine
and Disc Center. The treatments are
gentle, painless, and effective.
I felt relief from pain after only 4
sessions. My treatment was 20 sessions
and I am now 99.9% pain free. The DRX 9000
really worked for me ! I love that machine !
The Doctors and staff are very friendly and
professional. They excel at making you
comfortable during your visits."
Thank you CT Spine and Disc Center !- Kirk.M Manchester, CT
"After being told surgery was my only
option I was put in touch with another
treatment called the DRX 9000. My pain
was so bad, I could not do anything.
After four treatments, I was able to
stand up straight and walk again.
I am now able to do almost everything
I did before, and am enjoying the
freedom I had before. At the end
of this treatment, I no longer need
assistance of a walker or a cane
to get around. I am so thankful I
had another option. Thanks to the
Doctors and staff at CT Spine and
Disc Center. I am doing very well."
-Anne. B Tolland, CT
"I suffered mainly from headaches,
tension in the neck and shoulders, also some low back stiffness and pain. After the 1st appointment my neck felt
better and I haven't had a real
headache since that 1st
appointment. As a pharmacist,
I see many people choosing
drugs as an easy way for
treatment rather than
treating the real problems.
Chiropractic care is an
alternative that doesn't
come with the bad effects
of drug therapy."
"The sciatica and weakness in
my back have improved so
drastically. In the past couple
of years I've had difficulty
straightening up after
sitting for long periods of time.
That has disappeared-
Thank goodness! I thought it
was a natural result of aging
but apparently not."
- Ellie E.
Read more testimonials...
Pain Relief for Neck pain, Low back pain, Midback Pain, & Headaches through natural Chiropractic treatment
Chiropractic Information, Frequently asked questions about Chiropractic, Testimonials from our patients
At CT Spine and Disc Center, we offer a variety of services for all of our patients. In addition to Spinal Decompression Therapy using the DRX 9000, we also offer safe, gentle and effective chiropractic treatment. We have listed below the services we provide and conditions we treat, as well as products that we have in our office.
At CT Spine and Disc Center we provide a variety of treatment methods. Certain individuals will respond better to specific doctors or specific treatments. That is why at our clinic we provide different chiropractic services. It is our goal to do whatever we can to relieve your pain and get you back to your best health and lifestyle. Some of the chiropractic treatments we offer are:
- Chiropractic Adjustments
- Electric muscle stimulation
- Interferential muscle stim
- Ice Therapy
- Heat Therapy
- Foot Orthotics
- DRX 9000 Non-Surgical Spinal Decompression
- Therapeutic Exercises, Stretches
- Muscle trigger point therapy
The Chiropractors provide various adjustment techniques as well for the same reasons. There is both a male and female doctor of chiropractic. They both perform manual adjustments, (hands on manipulation), gentle instrument adjustments (activator adjustment tool), table assisted adjusting (specialized table that moves to allow for specific postural corrective chiropractic adjustments), along with specific muscle loosening techniques to get individuals better and pain free as soon as possible.
The goal of each chiropractic spinal manipulation or adjustment is to align the spine taking pressure of the nerves. This intern lets the body communicate and function properly. Muscles relax, inflammation goes down and pain is relieved. Chiropractic care is for individuals of all ages, from children to adults to Seniors. The Chiropractic doctor can help someone not only get healthy and out of pain but also help families maintain their health and stay in good physical condition also.
Chiropractic treatments are especially helpful and necessary for someone who has sustained an injury such as an auto accident or injury at work. There are numerous car accidents daily and many individuals' walk away thinking they are fine but often are not.
If you have been in an motor vehicle accident or on the job injury, whether you feel hurt and injured or not, call the office immediately at 860-633-8756 for a consultation to see if Chiropractic can help you.
To many times someone comes into the Chiropractor's office well after their accident and now has accumulated degeneration or nerve damage that could have been prevented. It is quick and easy to get your spine examined.
Depending on the condition or injury a patient visits our office with will often dictate the chiropractic treatment or chiropractic adjusting technique to be used. The chiropractic adjustments are quick, easy and pain free, and most often one will experience significant relief very quickly.
Chiropractic physicians do not prescribe drugs, or medications, and do not perform surgeries. Doctors of Chiropractic focus on restoring proper function as a way of pain relief and optimal health. In many cases, drugs are used to cover up your pain but do nothing to "fix" the cause of your problem.
At CT Spine and Disc Center, we see patients with many different symptoms including:
- Neck Pain
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Mid Back Pain
- Low back pain
- TMJ Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Difficulty Sleeping
- Leg Pain
- Foot and Ankle Pain
Your nervous system consists of your brain, spinal cord, and all of the nerves in your body. It is involved in the control and function of your entire body. Your brain, which communicates with the rest of the body sends messages through the spinal cord. The brain is protected by the skull. Your spinal cord is vulnerable. It is protected by the 24 moving bones of your spinal column. Nerves branch off the spinal cord between each spinal joint.
The nerves travel to the organs and tissues of your body. Improper motion or position of the spinal bones can irritate these delicate nerves. This interferes with the function of the tissues they control. Doctors of Chiropractic call this a subluxation. When malfunction occurs to the spine there is nervous system interference.
Frequently asked questions about Chiropractic:
Do Chiropractor's prescribe drugs or surgical procedures?
No drugs, medications, or surgeries are performed by the Doctor of Chiropractic. Doctors of Chiropractic focus on restoring proper function as a way of pain relief and optimal health. In many cases, drugs are used to cover up your pain but do nothing to "fix" the cause of your problem.
What is Chiropractic, and how does it play a role in our health ?
Health, as defined by Dorlands Medical Dictionary, is normal state of mental, social, spirtual and physical well being, not merely the absence of disease and infirmatory, or nomal function. Chiropractic is primarily about wellness. Whereas medicine has historically been concerned with treating sickness and disease, chiropractic care historically was focused on helping the body function better. Specifically, this is done by identifying spinal misalignment or dysfunction and working towards correction of it. This correction reduces stress on the spinal nerves and entire nervous system; thus allowing the body's inherent healing abilities and normal health systems to fully express themselves. Chiropractic involves aligning the spine, so that our bodies function at 100%. Subluxation is a misalignment of the spine that puts pressure or causes irriation to the nervous system. It can be caused by poor posture, poor sleeping habits, strenous exercise, injuries stemming from poor working conditions, sports, slips or fall, even the birthing process itself for the mother and for the child.
How long does the initial examination take?
The initial exam will take approx 30-40 minutes. There will be some paperwork for you too fill out when you first come into our office. If you have had a Lumbar MRI. x-rays taken in the last 3 years bring them with you (or just the report).If you know where you had them taken, but are unable to bring them in, thats okay-we will call the facility when you come in and have them faxed to our office.
Will my insurance cover Chiropractic care?
Most insurance policies cover chiropractic care. Recent articles published in the Journal for Managed Care cited chiropractic care as being more cost effective than conventional medical therapies in treating low back pain. Auto injuries are typically covered 100% by your auto insurance company. If your accident was caused by someone else, their insurance will pay for your care. If you've been hurt on the job, Workers Compensation Insurance also covers our services. Studies show that most on the job injuries respond quicker with Chiropractic Care than any other type of treatment!
Nowadays, insurance coverage is very complicated, especially if you don't know the right questions to ask your insurance company. To make things easier for you, we will contact your insurance company and let you know what your benefits and limitations are before you commit to care! At CT Spine and Disc Center we participate with the following health insurances:
- Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
- United Health Care
- Oxford Health Plans
Call our office at (860)633-8756 to speak with us regarding your insurance coverage.
What if I don't have insurance or if my insurance company offers little, or no Chiropractic Coverage?
If you have little or no coverage, you are not alone! That's why we have very affordable, no-interest payment plans that are amazingly low cost and affordable! After your examination and any necessary diagnostic tests, if it is determined that Dr. Bellinger can help you, we will let you know how much treatment and care will cost, and what options you have to pay for the care. At that time you can decide if you want to proceed with care.
How many years of schooling does it take to become a Chiropractor?
It takes a minimum of 6-7 years of education and training to become a Doctor of Chiropractic. The Doctor of Chiropractic first spends at least two years in pre-chiropractic studies at a college or university. The Doctor of Chiropractic studies all the basic sciences and must pass the State Board of Examiners' basic sciences examination. This is the same basic sciences examination other doctors, including MDs, are required to pass. He or she attends a college of chiropractic for four years, which must include an externship at an outpatient clinic where he or she gets real world experience in a clinical and academic setting. After graduating from Chiropractic College, like an M.D., he or she must pass the State Board Exam in the state he or she wishes to practice in.
What have other patients said about your office and Treatment?
****Read more testimonials written by our patients....
- "I have been treating with Dr. Gill and Dr. Bellinger for over a year now, for both neck and lower back pain. For years I tried other pain maintenance programs including physical therapy, and other chiropractors. Over the last year my pain has been reduced and my range of motion increased by a great deal. Their techniques are subtle,painless, with immediate results. Their committment to their patients and their care is professional, and personal. I would certainly recommend this type of treatment to others. "
- "I was skeptical as first as i'd seen many chiropractors for my problems to no avail. After seeing Dr. Gill I feel like a new Woman ! Thank you Dr. Gill. The pain is gone or at the very least minimal. The location of my pain was upper back between the shoulder blades. The treatents were gentle with minimal pain.
- WHAT WERE YOUR HEALTH PROBLEMS ?
Pain in neck area, lower back and right jaw, injuries sustained in a violent auto crash.
DID THESE PROBLEMS INTERFERE WITH DAILY ROUTINE?
Yes. Headaches, sleeping problems.
HOW DID CHIROPRACTIC CARE IMPROVE THESE HEALTH PROBLEMS AND HOW LONG BEFORE YOU NOTICED AN IMPROVEMENT?
After my first visit my lower back felt much better and after 3 visits, my jaw snapped itself back into place as a result of the treatments.
DID YOU NOTICE ANY OTHER CHANGES IN YOUR HEALTH ?
After physical therapy (18 visits) I suffered from depression, thinking I would never recover from the injuries. In a very short time that changed as the treatments soon got me out of this depression.
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND CHIROPRACTIC TO OTHERS?
Yes as a result of the accident initially I went to Physical therapy (18 visits) with little or no results as opposed to the results after just one visit to this practice.
I have primarily been treated
by Dr. Gill. She has done an outstanding job controlling back pain and restoring mobility to the injured areas. Both Dr. Bellinger and Dr. Gill are extremely professional on every level and dedicated to their professions.
- R. Morrison
- WHAT WERE YOUR HEALTH PROBLEMS?
back pain with herniated disks
PROBLEMS INTERFERE WITH DAILY ROUTINE?
Absolutely. At 26 years old, I
had had enough of waking up everyday with a sore back and having to relieve it
HOW DID CHIROPRACTIC CARE
IMPROVE THESE HEALTH PROBLEMS AND HOW LONG BEFORE YOU NOTICED AN
Dr. Bellinger was very cautious and gentle with my injury.
Every move he made he would explain what he was doing and always kept my pain to
a minimum. I was never able to make it through an 8 hour day at work on my
computer without having discomfort and medication on hand. Now, my work is done
twice as fast.
DID YOU NOTICE ANY OTHER
CHANGES IN YOUR HEALTH ?
Yes. After the 4th week of intense therapy, I
decided I would try vacuuming. The bending and back motions would KILL me… Now, I
can vacuum he entire house and run to my car in the rain without any
repercussions or pain. I am happy again!
WOULD YOU RECOMMEND CHIROPRACTIC TO OTHERS?
never believed in chiropractic and listened to often to others. I finally drew
the line and made an appointment to see for myself if there would be
changed in 4 weeks. After 2 (weeks), I felt a difference, now 4 weeks into
therapy with Chiropractic. I can do things like mow the lawn, bend over to clean
the bathroom, and even carry a child. For 4 years I was dependent on others. Now I can do it myself.
- "I suffered from chronic back pain, stiffness and spasms, along with fibromyalgia. I noticed some improvement right away and have been continuing to improve since starting and continuing chiropractic. I highly recommend chiropractic. Dr. Bellinger has been very helpful and has been flexible and accomodating in treating my physical problems"
- "In addition to other health problems I had numbness and tingling in the extremeties: almost immediately I felt relief. I have been to chiropractors before and I highly recommend Dr. Bellinger. He is extremely knowledgeable, open-minded and flexible with my challenging work schedule. Going to Dr. Bellinger made a profound difference in the quality of my life"
- "Dr. Bellinger has helped me with many small problems that arose during my treatment I never would have thought to mention to him. Twisted ankle, sore legs/knees and strained finger. Awesome !"
- "I would recommend seeing Dr. Bellinger to anyone who is interested in feeling better and improving their quality of life"
- "I suffered mainly from headaches, tension in the neck and shoulders, also some low back stiffness and pain. After the 1st appointment my neck felt better and I haven't had a real headache since that 1st appointment. As a pharmacist, I see many people choosing drugs as an easy way for treatment rather than treating the real problems. Chiropractic care is an alternative that doesn't come with the bad effects of drug therapy."
- "I had a lower back pain sprain and soreness on the right side. A week or two into the visits I noticed improvement."
- "The sciatica and weakness in my back have improved so drastically. In the past couple of years I've had difficulty straightening up after sitting for long periods of time. That has disappeared- Thank goodness! I thought it was a natural result of aging but apparently not."
- "I was a big skeptic and now I bring my family and children! The proof is in the pudding!"
- "I suffered from neck and shoulder pain, fibromyalgia, lower back pain with sciatica, hip pain and TMJ discomfort. Within weeks, i noted an improvement. My flare-ups are shorter in duration and less intense. I've also noticed my allergies seem to be better, I pay more attention to my posture, range of motion is improving, and I have a general sense of feeling better."
- "At times my migraines were so intense that I had to lie down and take Imitrex. After approximately 4 sessions I noticed an improvement. I asked a girlfriend of mine to please consult with a chiropractic doctor before submitting herself for surgery."
- "I have had back pain for 15+ years and neck and shoulder for about 2 years; within the 1st few weeks I noticed an improvement."
- "I was having trouble sleeping and was having lower back pain which interfered with my daily routine. I noticed improvement almost immediately and I'm enjoying my overall health improvement."
Mary Jean F.
- "My health problems were numbness and pain in the hands and sleeplessness. I noticed improvement in one week. the doctors are professional, knowledgeable, and have a genuine concern for their patients and their patient's health."
Make an appointment today !!
Click here or call our office at 860-633-8756
anytime to speak with us.
Back to the CT Spine and Disc Center Home Page